The game begins at Your Family Farm. You start in your room, and may go to the living room or your brother's room. Outside you can find your family.
- A single class specific item given by your father: a pair of brass knuckles for a Cow Puncher, A briefcase full of snakes for a Snake Oiler, or A can of infinite beans for a Beanslinger.
- One out of 3 possible skills book given as a present by your mother: Desert Eatin' and Drinkin', Locks and How to Pick Them, or Mind Your Meat.
- A needle in the haystack outside.
- A puzzle cube found in your brother's toy box.
- Walking Stupid: a book you can find in the bookcase in your room, if you click on it 6 times.
- Some items from the Reckonin' at Gun Manor DLC appear on a shelf next to Rufus' room if you got them, including:
- Gain 1 xp by combing your hair at your desk in your room.
- Gain 1 xp by stacking firewood in your living room.
- Gain 1 xp by fiddling with the puzzle cube found in your brother's room.
- Leaving results in a credit sequence, and arriving, 200 miles later, at The Town of Boring Springs.
In your brother's room, you can read random math books:
Bucket Formula Book Title
- An Investigation of the Laws of Thought: On Which Are Founded the Mathematical Theories of Logic and Probabilities
- Corpus Agrimensorum Romanorum
- Grundlagen einer allgemeinen Mannichfaltigkeitslehre
- Lectiones Geometricae
- On the Application to Dynamics of a General Mathematical Method previously applied to Optics
- Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica
- Solutio problematis ad geometriam situs pertinentis
- Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus
- Uber die Anzahl der Primzahlen unter einer gegebenen Grosse
- Uber die Darstellbarkeit einer Function durch eine trigonometrische Reihe
- Vorlesungen tiber Zahlentheorie
- How many different languages do you need to know to learn about numbers?
- I think this is about... math? Maybe?
- Just the title page gives me a headache.
- No wonder I never know what he's talking about.
- None of it makes a lick of sense to me.
When reading the bookshelf where you can obtain Walking Stupid, you can also read randomly generated mystery book titles in the following format. For example, a book might give: "Chester Drew and the Curse of Witch Bridge." Dad gave me this one when I was a kid.
Bucket Formula Book Title
- "[FIRST NAME] [LAST NAME] and the [INCIDENT AT] [THE] [ADJECTIVE] [LOCATION]"
- "[THE] [INCIDENT AT] [THE] [ADJECTIVE] [LOCATION]"
- Dad gave me this one when I was a kid.
- I loved that one!
- I read that one ten times!
- I remember that one!
- Mom gave me this one a few years ago.
- Rufus liked this one as much as I did.
- That was one of my favorites.
- Curse of
- Escape from
- Hero of
- Incident at
- Miracle at
- Mystery of
- Occurence at
- Secret of
- Treasure of
- Trouble at
Seems approximately 50% chance if "the" is inserted here; so both "The Incident at The Butcher's Bay" and "Incident at Butcher's Bay" are possible.