|The Town of Boring Springs|
|leaving Your Family Farm|
Having left Your Family Farm you arrive, (after a short credits sequence), in this town. Once the player has left Boring Springs, they cannot go back, so make sure you do everything you want to do there before you leave.
- 1 Internal Locations
- 2 Other Items
- 3 Other Experience
- 4 Main Quest
- 5 Perks
- 6 Bad guys
- 7 Pardners
- Two needles from the haystacks.
- Return the lost mugs to the bartender for 25 Meat each.
- Deal with the goblin.
- Kill the goblin in the saloon basement for 200 Meat and 3 xp.
- Alternatively, acquire Goblintongue and talk to Gary. You will be unable to complete the quest for the bartender but can take him with you when you leave town.
- Recover Susie's Rifle
- A hat from the Hats box by the bar, either a four-gallon hat, barely-enchanted hat, or a floppy derby, depending on whether you are a Cow Puncher, Beanslinger, or Snake Oiler.
- A nasty ring, in the spittoon in the bar.
- A can of weak fungicide, from the bartender, if you agree to kill the goblin in the basement.
- A bottle of "Nurse" brand whiskey in the basement.
- A copy of Boring Springs Gazette Apr. 20 1895 in the basement.
- Teach the poker players how to play poker:
- Bet conservatively: 20 meat (40 if you Outfox/etc.)
- Bet aggressively: 30 meat (50 if you Outfox/etc.)
- Bet insanely: 40 meat (60 if you Outfox/etc.)
- 7 meat from trading a shiny rock to Crazy Pete in the bar.
- 73 meat from trading an unrefined Meat nugget to Crazy Pete in the bar, and unlocks the Hard hat in the mine.
- Recover the cell door
- Talk to the Sherf to find the The Fricker Gang's Hideout. Optionally, ask the Fricker in the bathtub for a bar of soap. Fight or sneak past the Frickers to get Sherf's cell door and return it to gain 400 meat if you let them live, or 500 meat if you killed them.
- Trade the soap for a lock and turn it in. Acquire a needle and pick the lock to gain a replica Sherf badge.
- Deputy Pistol from the Sherf after agreeing to help him.
- A replica Sherf badge from giving a lock to the Sherf and picking it with a needle.
- A recovered mug in the lower right of the Sherf's office.
Brade the trader's stand
- A lock, if you have a bar of soap
- A stick of dynamite, if you have a needle.
- A (free!) stick of dynamite, if you have the Dickerin' skill.
- A fine silver pocketwatch, if you have three rattlesnake skins
- Gain 3 xp by reading one of the books in Doc Alice's house
- Gain 1 xp by preening in front of the mirror in Doc Alice's house
- One of the books in her bookcase will allow you to speak Goblintongue.
- A broken board, part of broken fence next to the Horsery.
- A dusty turnip, presumably fallen off the turnip cart you arrived in.
- A recovered mug, can be dug up from a patch of dirt
- Gain 3 xp by giving the copy of Boring Springs Gazette Apr. 20 1895 to Cactus Bill
- Gain 1 xp by shoveling the poop in front of the BS Horsery
- Gain 1 xp by shoveling the poop in front of the Bar
- Gain 1 xp by shoveling the poop in front of the Sherf
- Gain 1 xp by shoveling the poop between Brade's Trading stop and Doc Alice's house
- Talk to Horace in the bar, then visit him in the Horsery.
- Optional - get a bag of homing oats and visit Thousand Snakes Gulch, Orehole Mine and Boring Springs Boneyard. Bring back a horse from each of those locations to gain 300 meat each, and 100 bonus for turning in all three.
- Raise 1000 meat and buy a horse to get a Southeast West map. Use the map to travel to Dirtwater
- You can learn Goblintongue by reading one of the books in Doc Alice's house
- You can learn Mostly Scabs by walking into a cactus 20 times
- a goblin, depends on your choice of action