Spittoons can be found all around West of Loathing. It is worthwhile to search these spittoons as they tend to have interesting items in them and come with some interesting dialogues too! But be warned these are not for the weak of stomach! Each time the player delves into the spittoon, a long and drawn out monologue is introduced to try and persuade the player to stop what they are doing and to get their hand out of the filthy spit bucket.
Spittoons can be found in:
- Inside the Boring Springs Saloon, the Prologue area (yields a nasty ring).
- Inside the Jewel Saloon in Dirtwater (yields a filthy porcelain cow).
- Inside the Silversmith's House just north of Dirtwater on the map (yields a revolting brooch).
- Inside the Lost Dutch Oven Mine near the mountains left of Fort Alldead (yields a spit-soaked pants)
- Inside The Buttery Biscuit the second building in the town of Breadwood (yields a spit-soaked boots).
- Inside Roy Bean's House which can be discovered by talking to the NPC holding a jar in the second Railroad Camp (yields a befouled pistol and Spittoon Hand).
- Inside the Barracks building of Fort Memoriam, which is discoverable while dealing with Breadwood's undead problem (yields Blechscalibur).
- Inside Clooncy's Bar in Frisco (yields a spittoon hat, or the Spit-Free perk if you did not look in other spittoons).
- Inside Gun Manor, in the billiards room on the third floor. It's shiny and clean and has nothing in it, which prompts a mental breakdown from your character.