"Snake Oilers rely on their moxie and chutzpah to tame snakes, their fearlessness to extract potent oils from those snakes, and their cleverness to manufacture and sell potions made from those oils.
- You've heard Snake Oilers are doing really well out West since The Cows Came Home. Everybody needs potions and hope in these dark days, and also out West is where all the best snakes live."
- In-game class description.
The Snake Oiler is one of three character classes in West of Loathing. It is also possibly the easiest class because of the perks they receive. Snake Oilers can tame snakes to use in combat, and extract oils from them for crafting.
- Extract snake medicine from snakes in your briefcase full of snakes.
- Extract snake venom from snakes in your briefcase full of snakes.
- Expert Poisoner (apply 3x poison)
- Snakewhip - costs 1 AP, deals damage and poison
- Deploy Snake - costs 1 AP, summons a snake
- Shootenanny - 3 AP, shoot at x random tiles
- Strong Medicine 2 AP, increases Moxie, Muscle, and Mysticality.
- Bad Medicine - 1 AP, reduces the enemies moxie
- Good Medicine - 1 AP, recovers health
- Fan Hammer - 3 AP, attack 3 times on the same target
- Deadeye - additional attack damage when using a pistol.
- Dickerin' - players receive a discounted price at shops
- Hornswogglin' - Various effects that allow deception
- Quick on the Draw - Increases combat speed.
- Potionology - create potions
- Big Spleen - +3 to the spleen capacity.