Patch v22.214.171.124.11 ("Elevens All the Way Down Patch") for West of Loathing was released on September 11, 2020.
Many thanks to everyone who reported bugs and helped us track down the trickiest of these issues, we really appreciate it! Here's what's fixed:
- Corrected a problem where the player character would move super fast on a high-end personal computer. AKA the PCPCPC (personal computer player character problem correction).
- A few objects in dark areas of the game will no longer appear to be hovering very slightly off the ground (they were haunted before, now you're haunted instead, sorry).
- A couple interactions with clowns might now make slightly more sense and/or be slightly more menacing and/or creepy.
- You should no longer tell the Perfessor that you haven’t found anything in the Lost Dutch Oven Mine when you actually have. Ludonarrative dissonance averted!
- The El Vibrato headband will now prevent you from going bonkers in the Lost Dutch Oven Mine Pit, as it was always meant to.
- The El Vibrato Headband is now equippable if you are using a controller instead of a keyboard & mouse.
- The giant rock monster fight is much more challenging now because we fixed a bug that was preventing it from punching you.
- The scorched bandit should no longer be outfoxed when you attempt to hornswoggle them.
- You should no longer talk to the Breadwood Mayor about a lumber deal if you’ve already built a bridge before meeting him.
- The Ghostwood introductory text should now appear as you walk a little ways into the town instead of not-at-all.
- Polished diorite will no longer allow you to exceed your daily spleen allotment.
- When discussing Josie with the Perfessor, the conversation will now properly display character portraits.
- Wasco's banjo music no longer mysteriously continues to play at his shack even after he's left the area. (Those ghosts are also haunting you now instead of Wasco's shack, double-sorry.)
- If you ask Gary or Alice if they know how to play the piano, they will no longer appear to look like Florence when they answer.
- A definition in the Gun Manor Library’s dictionary that was for a homophone of the actual word has been corrected.
- Dirtwater bourbon should now properly provide bonus XP from the Gun Manor shotglass.
- The end credits should now show the jam band scene even if you didn’t get the washboard player. (Fun fact: there’s actually different text for every combination of two or more band members!)
- Lots of small typos that no one else would even notice have been fixed. You'll just have to trust me. (And the ghosts.)
Oh, also there is one known issue that we haven't dealt with yet, but will try to remedy that at some point down the line: A few scenes will look weird at the far edges on very wide monitors (2:1 aspect ratios and above).