|Fort of Darkness|
|West of the Mountains|
Fort of Darkness is a location in West of Loathing, south-east of Roy Bean's House. It is revealed when you agree to help Roy get his beans back or when you agree to help the Petting Cemetery owner get his Packrat skeleton back.
The fort is full of hippies strung out on psychoactive mushrooms. You can have Todd, the chemist. brew Dirtihippica extract from a Lactarius Dirtihippica mushroom, which is a potion necessary to finding Irene's lounge in the Shroomcave.
There are also several
cult members exercise enthusiasts practicing Kurtzfit in the third tent.
A portal opens at the far end of the courtyard once you complete the El Vibrato sidequest. You can reach in and grab a pair of Hide shoes from a pair of cavemen hitting each other over the head with clubs.
- A watchtower is accessible as you enter the fort. With a pair of disposable binoculars you can discover a randomly chosen location from the list:
- Irene in the first tent will sell you:
- The Kurtzite in the second tent, will sell you:
- You can trade a Lactarius Dirtihippica mushroom for Dirtihippica extract with the Kurtzite in the third tent.
- The three crates in the fifth tent can be looted for various military supplies (the second and third crate require a crowbar).
- On the bookshelf you can find Cannon Loading for Idjits.
- In the gun-safe is an army-issue sidearm (requires Safecrackin' 2).
- Hide shoes are available through the portal in courtyard, visible only if you possess the key-shaped El Vibrato device.
- A packrat skeleton is on the floor of the second tent, if you are on the quest to find it.
- In the first tent there is a shoe-maker Tony on the left, you can talk into setting up shop in Dirtwater by giving him a bunch of really small guns (get from Fort Memoriam) and on the right, Irene aka "Mushrooms"
- In the second tent, if you keep talking to Talkin' Dude, the Kurtzite on the right, long enough you will get the perk Kurtzian Philosopher, and on the left is the bonewright woman.
- In the third tent, if you give the Kurtzite on the right the jaw harp, she will go join the band in Dirtwater, on the left is Todd, the chemist
- In the fourth tent, if you are wearing Kurtzfit headband and Kurtzfit pants you can exercise with Kurtz. After some time passes you will get the perk Kurtzian Physique
- In the fifth tent, you will find a note that tells you to look at plot 420 at the Military Cemetery
- "Kurtzfit" seems to be a play on Crossfit, the popular and cult-like exercise regiment popular in the United States.