|East of the Mountains|
- A watchtower is accessible as you enter the fort. With disposable binoculars, you can discover a randomly chosen location from the list (not already on your map):
Inside the Fort
- An old patrol cap is in the trash can (requires Stench Resistance).
- A clue for the Necromancer Journal, and a Nex-Mex book are in the knapsack.
- Pepperoni mold can be harvested from a plant next to the graves (requires Foragin' 2).
- A rifleman insignia pin is on the floor to the right of the Privy door.
- Four toilets can also be flushed; the third toilet is missing a handle and cannot be flushed.
Barracks/Mess Hall Building
- Five footlockers can be found, two unlocked and three locked:
- The first unlocked one contains various military supplies.
- The second unlocked one contains 3 needles.
- The first locked one contains various military supplies.
- The second locked one contains various military supplies.
- The third locked one contains 2 skeleton bones, skull chips, and 2 handfuls of loose teeth
|The mass grave|
|1 - 4 a skeletal rifleman|
0 - 2 a skeletal cavalryman
0 - 2 a skeletal rifleman (strong)
0 - 1 a shot-to-Hell skeleton
|20 - 22 x number of bad guys|
|1old patrol cap|
- Inside the fort, at the far right there is a mass grave with endless skeletal riflemen to fight
- The number of skeletons you will fight in each combat depends on how often you have done this fight.
- 1 The old patrol cap has a 20% chance of dropping in the first 2 fights, and thereafter will drop if you don't have one.
- 2 An additional item has a chance to drop that depends on the number of fights done. At the end of the 2nd fight there is a 33% chance, on the 3rd fight a 66% chance, and will drop for certain on the 4th and beyond.
- In Hard Mode, you are not only limited to 5 fights per day, you also start as if it is your 4th fight.
- With Doc Alice as a pardner, she will suggest you poison the skeletons, using the skeleton spoor to taint the food in the Mess Hall.
- Poisoning the skeletons takes a day, but gives you 100 - 110 XP.
- Inside the Strategy/Privy Building you can place the toy skeletons that you find at Butterfield Ranch on the table next to the map to deploy the skeleton army to one of:
- Gustavson Gulch
- Barnaby Bob's Perfectly Normal Traveling Circus Sideshow (if you've managed to meet Bob, it would seem)
Various random gross items can be found in the kitchen (inside the mess hall):
- You pick up a box at random and read the label.
- "[PICKELED] [OBJECT]"